Step 1: Prepare materials and submit.
Please prepare and submit the following materials to your school as soon as possible before your internship:
□ Copy of the personal information page of the passport
□ Copy of the residence permit page
□ Copy of the last entry seal page
□ Copy of the personal information page of the student book
□ Copies of payment receipts (tuition fee, medical insurance fee and dormitory fee) for self-financed student only
□ Internship certificate issued by school
□ Internship certificate issued by company
□ Copy of Enterprise Registration Certificate or Business License of company (for future reference)
Your school will help you to submit materials to the office of Department of International Affairs.
Step 2: Get the required materials of residence permit extension.
Your school will get the residence permit application form and a letter of introduction from Department of International Affairs and then inform you to get it back from school.
Step 3: Bring all the materials received to the Exit-Entry Administration Bureau of Jinan Municipal Public Security Bureau for the residence permit with internship.
Go to the Exit-Entry Administration Bureau of Jinan Municipal Public Security Bureau to transact residence permit extension with your passport, the residence permit application form, a letter of introduction, a photo, and other photocopies. The application term for a residence permit is 15 working days. In the meantime, your passport shall be kept by the Jinan Public Security Bureau and a VISA/STAY/RESIDENCE PERMIT APPLICATION RECEIPT shall be provided.
Step 4: Collect passport.
According to the collection date of the receipt, students should bring the receipt to go to the Bureau to collect the passport. Please check the expiration date of your new residence permit carefully when getting back passport.
Step 5: Submit the copy of your new residence permit.
When you collect your passport, please submit the copy of your new residence permit to your school.
1. Pay fees on time
Self-financed students should pay tuition fee, medical insurance fee and accommodation fee on time. The duration of a residence permit that you can apply for is equal to the duration of tuition fee and medical insurance fee that you have paid. This means that if you have paid for one year’s tuition fee, you will receive one year’s residence permit extension. The maximum residence permit extension is two years. Students who owe fees cannot apply for any visa or residence permit extension.
2. Accommodation Registration
(1) Every time you come back to China, or change your passport, or change your room address, please bring the original passport to the reception of Building No.2 of International Students' Apartment ( if you live in Central campus) /local police station ( if you live in other campus or off-campus) immediately for accommodation registration.
(2) Please submit a copy of the REGISTRATION VOUCHER OF RESIDENCE FOR VISITORS FROM OVERSEAS form from local police station if you live off-campus.
3. Other notes
(1) The Exit and Entry Administration Law of the People’s Republic of China regulates that if foreigners stay in China illegally, a warning will be given to them. If the circumstances are serious they can be fined ￥500 for each day they stay illegally in China. If the circumstances are flagrant, then they shall also be fined and deported by the Public Security Authority.
(2) The visa fees which are required to be paid at the Exit-Entry Administration of Jinan Municipal Public Security Bureau are 400RMB for less than 1 year, 800RMB for one year to three years.
(3) It takes about fifteen working days to process the residence permit in Bureau. Your passport shall be kept by the Jinan Public Security Bureau and a VISA/STAY/RESIDENCE PERMIT APPLICATION RECEIPT shall be provided. This receipt can only be used as a temporary valid ID for identification, for example, to purchase a train ticket or book hotel accommodation. Please note that, it is not a valid ID to be used to apply for bank cards or to exit China.