When applying for a type B scholarship you need to apply directly to the university of your preferred choice. This should be done online (soft copies) as well as sending documents through the post (hard copies). All documents should be in colour unless the originals are black and white. The documents must be sent in duplicate and are the following:
1. CSC application form
2. Copy of passport
3. Copy of the highest obtained qualification + transcripts
4. A study plan*
5. Two letters of recommendation by at least assistant professors**
6. Copy of the Language certificates***
7. Physical examination form
* At a minimum it should contain a brief self-introduction, why you want to study at SDU and what your interest is in the chosen major. If you have more to add that you believe will support your application such as experience, publications and / or measurable skills it is allowed to include these in your study plan.
** Only required for students pursuing a graduate degree.
*** For English taught programs only IELTS or TOEFL are accepted. For IELTS a minimum score of 6.0 and for TOEFL 80 is required. For Chinese taught programs a minimum of HSK 5 (180 score or higher) is required for Master degree programs. For students from native speaking English countries (The United Kingdom, Ireland, United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand) no language proficiency certificates are needed. Students who can prove that their highest degree obtained was given in the English language also do not need to submit a language proficiency certificate either, but need to send proof of this. This can be proved handing over a transcript of the degree obtained in which it shows the courses where taught in English. These need to be stamped by the school. In addition, a letter should be added confirming the medium of instruction was English and it should be signed and stamped by the school.
1. Apply on the China Scholarship Council (CSC) website (https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/login)
2. Gather required documents (Please visit http://www.campuschina.org/ for the required documents needed to apply for the scholarship of your choice).
3. Apply on the SDU website at: http://www.apply.sdu.edu.cn/
4. SDU checks if the online application documents are valid and conform requirements
5. If so send hard copies in duplicate to Shandong University. The address is:
C301 Mingde Building, Shandong University,
27 Shanda Nanlu, Jinan,
P.R. China, Postcode: 250100,
Tel: +86 (0)531-88364854
6. Documents are reviewed by SDU
7. Applicant is accepted or rejected
8. The school is informed of the available scholarship places designated by the CSC and recommends the best candidates to the CSC.
9. If the CSC decides to grant the scholarship then SDU sends a formal admission letter and JW201 visa application form to the address the applicant supplied to the SDU application system.
10. Applicant takes the admission letter, passport and JW201 form to the embassy, consulate or visa centre and applies for a student visa.
11. After the visa has been issued the applicant can book a plane ticket.
Make sure you regularly check your email and spam box in case we ask for further information / complementary documents and or corrections. If we request information and we do not receive it, it could lead to rejection.
Publication of the result
You will be notified by email of the results as soon as we have been informed by the CSC. We do not know when the CSC will publish the results as this changes year by year. All decisions are final and cannot be appealed.
In case you have any questions about the above you can send us an email at email@example.com for people with a Gmail account please email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send emails to multiple email accounts without just cause. If you do so we will ignore your message. Please keep in mind that we are extremely busy during application time but if the answer is not stated here, we will naturally do our best to help you with any questions.